Last month I saw a bunch of bloggers post an “August Goals” and some even added a wishlist so I thought that would be such a perfect post for my blog to start off every month, so I jumped on the bandwagon and started thinking…What do I want to achieve this month? What categories do certain goals fit into? Is there anything in particular I have been eyeing up recently that I want? And turns out I had loads of ideas so I thought I would share them with you today.
So I have 5 categories (I think) that all of my goals fall into…
Wishlist (this isn’t a goal but it is a category for the month)
- I want to post a minimum of 10 blog posts this month, in August I really lacked in post ideas so I only posted a few but I am determined to up my blogging game this month! This means posting 2/3 times per week – lucky you!
- In August I had 228 blog views (my best ever) but in the month of September I want to hit 400 blog views – yes that is nearly doubling it!! But I posted 5 times in August and as I am planning on posting 10 the views should double too…right?
- Start my blogmas writing. I have planned out the majority of blogmas (all but 3 days actually) but I haven’t written any yet so I am determined to get some serious blogmas writing done with month.
August Follower Count: 1,180
September Follower Count Goal: 1,500
Follow me HERE
August Follower Count: 615
September Follower Count Goal: 1,000
Follow me HERE
Pinterest (I started it in August so I am a newbie)
August Follower Count: 27
September Follower Count Goal: 50
Follow me HERE
August Follower Count: 15
September Follower Count Goal: 40
Follow me HERE
These goals may seen a lot to some and nothing to others but I with social medias like pinterest and bloglovin I still haven’t got my head around them so a small increase of 20-25 followers will make me incredibly happy!
- Keep organised. This may seem self explanatory but you will be surprised at how unorganised I was by the end of year 11 (my final year of secondary school) so I am determined to keep my sixth form work organised and tidy. So keeping my folders tidy and up to date and keep on top of homework and revision. I have also read a lot of tips to go home from a lesson and write up revision notes as this will save you time in exam season so I am going to try my hardest to keep on top of my notes!
These goals are going to be a to do list/very personal day to day goals for the month and will include health and weight goals, skincare goals, organisational goals – all sorts! So this category will have a mixture of goals…
- Lose 10lbs. At the start of summer I told myself to forget about healthy living (awful I know!!) but I didn’t want to worry about what I was eating all the time as I had just over 9 weeks of summer holidays and I wanted to be celebrating end of exam season and end of my compulsory school life so I forgot about diets etc but now we are going into September I want to change this lifestyle completely! I find it easier to stick to a ‘diet’ whilst in a school routine as you take your own food and snacks and you don’t have all the food in the world sat 2 metres away from you in the cupboard. To help me with this goal the brand Exante kindly sent me over some protein foods to try out and review, some of the bars look AMAZING and I am so excited to try them! These will be perfect for my lunch and/or breakfast when I am running late and have little time to prepare something (which is a lot of the time during school season) So I will let you know on my Instagram stories how I get on with these!
- Get into a proper skincare routine. I am usually quite good with my skincare but over summer I have just lost it. I have been using face wipes to take my makeup off (so bad for the skin), I haven’t been exfoliating properly, I haven’t been moisturising my face or my body enough – its been ridiculous! I usually have Sunday as my full on pamper night but also have a day in the week to do a face mask too so I hope I get back into my routine this month.
- Exercise. This kind of links to the weight loss goal but I need to exercise, I hate doing it but it makes you feel good about yourself after! (And it will help with my weight loss target) I am looking into doing fitness DVD’s like Charlotte Crosby’s one and theres a few others that I’ve got my eye on. But these are perfect for me as they are high intensity yet you can do them in the comfort of your own home – what more could you want?
- Learn how to save money. If there was one goal I will fail it will be this one, I am HOPELESS with saving! When there is money in my bank all I can think about is what to spend it on!! This month is going to be my first month of working a part time job at my local garden centre café so hopefully I will save this money but if not at least I thought about saving? Thats good enough right?
This isn’t going to help with my saving money goal but there is so much I want at the moment!! So I have narrowed it down to 5 things otherwise we would be here for days!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette. Oh my goodness, everyone and their mum owns this palette and loves it to death yet I still don’t! I was planning on picking it up in Sephora in Florida but the Naked Heat caught my eye before I had even looked at the ABH stand (no regrets though the Naked Heat is gorgeous)
- BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop. Again, this is constantly on my feed and everyone seems to love it and it has been on my wishlist for the longest time. It just looks so pretty and pigmented!!
- Mario Badescu products. There is so many hyped up products from this brand that I need to try and whilst scrolling through beauty bay there is also a few products I have never heard about that caught my eye like the Olive Eye Cream and the Cucumber Makeup Remover Cream! But there is also the well known face spray that I am dying to try!
- The Ordinary Foundations. This brand has interested me for the longest time but I don’t fully understand what all their products do (lol) but after seeing they have a couple of foundations in there range I have been dying to try them. They have a Coverage Foundation which would be perfect for the autumn and winter months that are fast approaching and they also have a Serum Foundation which will be a perfect lightweight foundation for spring and summer – both sound amazing and are very very affordable!
- Bourjois Rouge Velvet Lipsticks. These a new to the drugstore (I think) and I am very excited because I love Bourjois lip products so when I saw they did a 24 hour matte one I couldn’t stop looking at them online! All the shades are right up my street and they are bloody matte which is my favourite finish, I cannot contain my excitement and it has taken a lot of will power not to go and buy the whole collection from boots (THEY ARE EVEN ON 3 FOR 2 IN BOOTS AT THE MOMENT)
That is my September goals and wishlist DONE. I hope you enjoyed reading about my goals and what is on my current shopping list, I am no longer calling it a wishlist as we all know I’m going to be buying these this month at some point – maybe we could save the saving money goal for a couple of months time?
Thank you so much for reading and let me know in the comments or on my social medias what your September goals are and anything that may be on your wishlist!
Like what you see? I post regularly on my socials so go follow me on: